Skip to main content

Monero is your friendly neighbor - no not really, I mean friendly CPU miner

Monero is another one of those crypto currency that was really big news in 2017. Now the year ends and hoping for a fresh start in 2018. Just got my masternode up and so far so good. X11 is the algo chosen by Sucre so it's not really friendly to CPU. Now, back to Monero. Its algorithm is Cryptonite and it's friendly to miners that only has CPU.

First off, get your monero wallet here. As for me, I do use FreeWallet so I don't worry other app/web for every wallet that I have. Anyway, if you get your monero wallet address, that's OK. All we have to do is to find pool to mine.

I use MineXMR as it's simpler. You can choose whatever you like, just search for "monero mining pools" and you get bunch to choose from.

Get the miner here, extract it to your location of choice and edit the config.json file.

{
    "algo": "cryptonight",  // cryptonight (default) or cryptonight-lite
    "av": 0,                // algorithm variation, 0 auto select
    "background": false,    // true to run the miner in the background
    "colors": true,         // false to disable colored output    
    "cpu-affinity": null,   // set process affinity to CPU core(s), mask "0x3" for cores 0 and 1
    "cpu-priority": null,   // set process priority (0 idle, 2 normal to 5 highest)
    "donate-level": 5,      // donate level, mininum 1%
    "log-file": null,       // log all output to a file, example: "c:/some/path/xmrig.log"
    "max-cpu-usage": 75,    // maximum CPU usage for automatic mode, usually limiting factor is CPU cache not this option.  
    "print-time": 60,       // print hashrate report every N seconds
    "retries": 5,           // number of times to retry before switch to backup server
    "retry-pause": 5,       // time to pause between retries
    "safe": false,          // true to safe adjust threads and av settings for current CPU
    "threads": null,        // number of miner threads
    "pools": [
        {
            "url": "stratum+tcp://pool.minexmr.com:4444",   // URL of mining server
            "user": "43V6bXEfSWrTwzeCvziA4JALANkZwJaPWc1nPmuEPiaxeRKZJoPSmJdWbwaVe4vUMveKAzAiA4j8xgUi29TpKXpm417RMks",                        // username for mining server
            "pass": "x",                       // password for mining server
            "keepalive": true,                 // send keepalived for prevent timeout (need pool support)
            "nicehash": false                  // enable nicehash/xmrig-proxy support
        }
    ],
    "api": {
        "port": 0,                             // port for the miner API https://github.com/xmrig/xmrig/wiki/API
        "access-token": null,                  // access token for API
        "worker-id": null                      // custom worker-id for API
    }
}

The one in red, you need to change. It's also OK if you don't change it -- meaning you are mining for me. :D Update it with your wallet address. With FreeWallet, it's something in here.


For monero wallet, it's in the Receiving Address, copy those and you're good to go.

Double click "start.cmd" file and you are now a "Pickleeeeeee Rick..........". No, you're not! You're a freaking miner now! Ho ho! Yeah!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Linux Journey: Hello World with .NET

Today marks the beginning of my journey into the world of Linux. As a lifelong Windows user, venturing into a new operating system felt like stepping into uncharted territory. But armed with curiosity and a desire to explore, I took the leap. My first task? A simple "Hello World" program using .NET. With the installation of .NET 8.0 on my Linux machine, I was ready to dive in. I created a new directory for my project, aptly named "helloworld," and ran the following commands: dotnet new console -o helloworld cd helloworld dotnet run And just like that, the words "Hello World" appeared on my terminal screen, a small victory but a significant milestone in my Linux journey. As I reflect on this humble beginning, I am reminded of the endless possibilities that lie ahead. From mastering the command line to exploring the vast ecosystem of open-source tools and technologies, there is much to learn and discover. Join me as I embark on this exciting adventure, one c...

The Importance of Counting Table Rows in Database Management

 In the realm of database management, where accuracy and efficiency are paramount, counting table rows stands as a foundational practice. It serves as a reliable indicator of database health, offering insights into data integrity, application performance, and system behavior. In this blog post, we explore the significance of counting table rows and its practical applications in database management. Understanding the Importance Counting table rows may seem like a simple task, but its implications are profound. Here's why it's crucial: Data Integrity Verification : By comparing row counts before and after executing operations like inserts, updates, or deletions, you can ensure data integrity. Any discrepancies indicate potential issues that require investigation. Performance Monitoring : Monitoring row counts provides valuable insights into application performance. Sudden spikes or drops in row counts may indicate inefficient queries, bottlenecks, or data processing issues. Capac...

Python Hydrology

Recently I'm learning Python and encountered the Hydrology book. Had to upgrade some of python packages and some libraries needed to get working with the book. There is an instruction though about mostly using pip install packages need for the book. The problem is I can't get it work. It's missing some things so I did a little google and hopefully this is a compilation of the things I need to work with the examples of the book. First off, I updated the apt-get $ sudo apt-get update Next is I installed the pip package manager. I'm not too sure but I have Ubuntu 10 and it doesn't have the pip installed. So I installed using the command below. $ sudo apt-get install python-pip Now the development packages for python. $ sudo apt-get install python-dev Most of the examples uses the scientific number packages so I installed numpy and other packages I'm not quite aware of. It's just that some of the examples probably in the later part of the book use...