Skip to main content

Reasons why you don't apply to some Companies

Just a note, this is just a joke. So for some companies, I would ask you to evaluate me first not base your judgement for hiring me in this post. :)

Recently, I planned on getting another job. This time with programming languages I'm not familiar with. Just to get my hands on. Something like Python or Ruby, or JS and NoSQL. You know what I mean.

Then came, job posts at some Ads. Recruiters really think they are smart. They're not even reviewing what they're posting and not getting consultation from experts offering a job. For example

  • SEO Experts (20k to 30k)

with

  • GREAT “DAYTIME” CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
  • A NEW COMPANY soon to expand OPERATIONS in CEBU!!!

I'm sure 30k is not that great. And what's with the DAYTIME? Also

  • Perfect Worklife Balance: “Daytime Work” and Guaranteed 5 day work week only
  • Easy to Manage Accounts
  • Excellent Compensation based on expertise, we are only looking for top talent and pay accordingly
  • Performance and Attendance bonuses, Leave Benefits (Cash Convertible), HMO, Educational Assistance, Meals, etc.
  • Fast Regularization of Employment Status (3 months Proba only)
  • Friday Night Gimmicks
  • Free “Starbucks Coffee Coupon for Two” hiring bonus
  • Nice and fun work environment and work culture

Well they have a nice work environment. That's good but Night Gimmicks? And Starbucks? What the hell.

Another company is hiring PHP Developers. Check this out.

  • Senior PHP Developers ( Object-Oriented PHP )

We'll yeah, PHP supports object-oriented programming. That's good. They require extensive of most stuff. PHP, MySQL but basic on SQL.

Requirements :
  • Web Application Development Experience
  • 3+ Years of Relevant Work Experience
  • Extensive experience with in Object-Oriented PHP
  • Extensive experience with MySQL database programming and optimization
  • Strong knowledge on CSS, HTML, and Java Script
  • Basic knowledge on SQL

Extensive of MySQL but basic knowledge of SQL. Now that's contradiction. Also they prefer

  • Symphony Frame Work is a Plus
  • JQuery knowledge is a plus

It's Symfony and it's Framework not "Frame" and "Work".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Counting Table Rows in Database Management

 In the realm of database management, where accuracy and efficiency are paramount, counting table rows stands as a foundational practice. It serves as a reliable indicator of database health, offering insights into data integrity, application performance, and system behavior. In this blog post, we explore the significance of counting table rows and its practical applications in database management. Understanding the Importance Counting table rows may seem like a simple task, but its implications are profound. Here's why it's crucial: Data Integrity Verification : By comparing row counts before and after executing operations like inserts, updates, or deletions, you can ensure data integrity. Any discrepancies indicate potential issues that require investigation. Performance Monitoring : Monitoring row counts provides valuable insights into application performance. Sudden spikes or drops in row counts may indicate inefficient queries, bottlenecks, or data processing issues. Capac...

My Linux Journey: Hello World with .NET

Today marks the beginning of my journey into the world of Linux. As a lifelong Windows user, venturing into a new operating system felt like stepping into uncharted territory. But armed with curiosity and a desire to explore, I took the leap. My first task? A simple "Hello World" program using .NET. With the installation of .NET 8.0 on my Linux machine, I was ready to dive in. I created a new directory for my project, aptly named "helloworld," and ran the following commands: dotnet new console -o helloworld cd helloworld dotnet run And just like that, the words "Hello World" appeared on my terminal screen, a small victory but a significant milestone in my Linux journey. As I reflect on this humble beginning, I am reminded of the endless possibilities that lie ahead. From mastering the command line to exploring the vast ecosystem of open-source tools and technologies, there is much to learn and discover. Join me as I embark on this exciting adventure, one c...

Python Hydrology

Recently I'm learning Python and encountered the Hydrology book. Had to upgrade some of python packages and some libraries needed to get working with the book. There is an instruction though about mostly using pip install packages need for the book. The problem is I can't get it work. It's missing some things so I did a little google and hopefully this is a compilation of the things I need to work with the examples of the book. First off, I updated the apt-get $ sudo apt-get update Next is I installed the pip package manager. I'm not too sure but I have Ubuntu 10 and it doesn't have the pip installed. So I installed using the command below. $ sudo apt-get install python-pip Now the development packages for python. $ sudo apt-get install python-dev Most of the examples uses the scientific number packages so I installed numpy and other packages I'm not quite aware of. It's just that some of the examples probably in the later part of the book use...